• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto save to SD card

Hey everybody. I have a Motorola Droid Razr M. running 4.4.2. Anyway. I've been trying how to figure out for awhile now how to make it so that when my amazon mp3 app downloads music it just puts it right onto my sd card. but so far nothing is working out. Help?

Welcome to Android Forums.

To meet other users of your phone I moved your question to the forum dedicated to discussing it.

... Thom

Sorry for a late reply, but another welcome :hello:.

I have not used the Amazon mp3 app, but most apps should have that option in the settings somewhere. While in the app, tap the three dots and then select 'Settings', 'Options', or 'Preferences' and see where it takes you.

good luck

Sadly there is no such function. I've tried mounting it manually both with an app. And manually. Moving the files separately after download. Nothing seems to work

Well, that's too bad. I'm afraid that KitKat has extra security as to what can be written by some apps to the sdcard. Kind of stupid if you ask me . . .

If you have rooted your phone, you _should_ be able to at least find a root file explorer app that will overcome the KitKat limitations, however I doubt that would make amazon mp3 find your music on your sdcard.

As far as a different 'os' the only thing you could try would be a custom ROM, but again, that wouldn't 'fix' amazon mp3's failure to save/find your music files on your sdcard.

And please do not go pell mell trying to flash any custom ROM's unless you know what it takes and what you're doing; the most important being able to flash a custom recovery compatible with your phone and then making a nandroid backup first.

Oh I know not to screw around without enough information. Don't wanna ruin mah phone. Thanks for the help though. If anyone else might have more information. itd be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom