• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatically Send Pictures By E-Mail

Vlad Soare

Hello,

I'd like to leave an Android phone at my other house. Upon receiving an SMS, it should take a picture and send it either by e-mail to a predefined address, or by MMS to a predefined number. Can you please recommend an app that can do that?
I'm using AutomateIt Pro, which can automate many things, but not this particular one. How about Tasker? Can it do it?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you can trigger this remotely, but you could try IP Webcam. I tried it on an old Galaxy S2 and it drained the battery very quickly and the phone got rather warm. Of course I tried it with motion detection so it probably kept the camera on and phone awake 100%.

I ultimately went to a standard security camera setup, rather than fussing with a kludge.

If you can get it to take a picture, you could use an app like DropBox or sync the images to Google. Not directly to another phone, but available in the cloud.

^^so keep it plugged in 24/7. Won't do any harm.

Oops I was replying to Lunatic's post. Didn't see the others sorry :D

The phone will be plugged in all the time anyway, because I also want it to send me an SMS when a power outage occurs. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom