• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AUX connection while charging (in car)?

coolguy949

Jun 5, 2010
Hey guys, I haven't been able to find anything on this which makes me think I may be the only one.

Last night on the way hope I plugged in the micro USB cable from my 500ma car charger while listening to Pandora through the aux cable. I get a bad buzz sound like the phone has some kind of grounding/short/wiring issue. It happens no matter what I'm trying to do through the headphone jack. Even if nothing is playing. There is this really loud buzz.

Is anyone else in here not able to use the aux cable while being plugged in? I'm wondering if it's my Pioneer head unit or the USB charger. I don't get this issue when using aux with my computer speakers at home or headphones.

I have a car lighter charger that RS sold me. (not evo or sprint brand) It has a cord to the phone and usb port on the front too.

If I plug the attached cable in, I get poppiing and crackling.

But if I use the phones included USB and plug it into the light adapters USB, I get no noise at all.

Sucks but I can deal with it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones