• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.3.7

kaw202

Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.3.7

Download the Z992.zip
Root your phone with Cydia Impactor
Extract recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
Open terminal emulator or use adb to enter the following commands one line at a time
su
dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

You can then reboot into recovery by turning the phone off and holding vol up while pressing the power button. It could also be vol down and power.

Bugs.
The recovery cannot reboot or shutdown YOU MUST BATTERY PULL TO GET OUT OF RECOVERY.
Mounting USB storage to pc does not work.
The recovery displays an error message about “no file contexts” this can be safely ignored.

Attachments

thank you so much for this, I'm installing as we speak. however, I'm wondering what exactly to do with it. is this just an improvement on the recovery boot image, or does it install a CWM rom to the device?

again, i'm really stoked to see that there are a few folks out there that are working on this phone. so far it's been difficult finding information on the avail 2 as far as rooting.

hmm, when i try to do a backup, it gives me "Error while making a backup image of /data!" any insight? i'm not sure what could be causing it.

i will try wiping the sd card and trying again.

First I would see how much free space you have on your sdcard.
If it keeps failing adb in and give me the output of "cat /tmp/recovery.log"

got about 31 GB left on the card so it's definitely not that.

strange... i ran that command in the terminal emulator and it says "No such file or directory."

could you try to download and flash it again. If that fails...
I am sure that this goes against mostly everything you have heard, but download the recovery installer for the zte prelude (z993) I made and run it. The phones are Identical when it comes to a recovery and I have run both versions on my phone.

strange... i ran that command in the terminal emulator and it says "No such file or directory."

Same here. I did a CD to /storage and saw both sdcard0 and sdcard1, sdcard0 seemed to be the internal memory on the phone, sdcard1 was the actual sdcard.

Unless there is another actual sdcard on the inside somewhere? I haven't taken the phone apart yet, and haven't seen any disassembly online. I doubt there's another card, but that would be a cool upgrade path if there was.

Same here. I did a CD to /storage and saw both sdcard0 and sdcard1, sdcard0 seemed to be the internal memory on the phone, sdcard1 was the actual sdcard.

Unless there is another actual sdcard on the inside somewhere? I haven't taken the phone apart yet, and haven't seen any disassembly online. I doubt there's another card, but that would be a cool upgrade path if there was.

I have the same thing on my z992. I just recently got one for cheap when my HTC One X screen quit. I rooted with Cydia no problem. Now just for the recovery. I have sdcard0, and sdcard1 on my phone also. With "0" being the actual sdcard and "1" looks like a mirror of "0" and has some of the same files but some are also different.

I have an avail z992, already rooted. My question is, can I get cwm recovery, without an SD card? And I can't find the app that supports 4.1.1 Thanks in advance

yea same here i wanna know too why cant i install CWM on my zte avail 2 i did what it said typed all the neccesary keywords into the terminal emulator on my phone and it says nothing when i pressed enter it didnt say anything it just was blank. all i wanna know is how to fix this and if i need a SD card to install ClockWorkMod recovery?

how can i install cwm (non root device) on to a galaxy aceII i cant install anything from recovery because of e signature fail so any help would be great thanks

OK I'm having a problem with my zte z992. It was previously rooted using cidia impactor, which went smoothly... However, I was playing with flashify app I beleive, and soft bricked it. Now when it powers on it stays at the attt logo. Wiping data, factory resting, does absolutely nothing. It also no longer reads the device on my windows 7 computer like it did before. It can boot into recovery menu, ftm or just it at boot image. Someone's please help, I'm at my wits end with this thing.

OK I'm having a problem with my zte z992. It was previously rooted using cidia impactor, which went smoothly... However, I was playing with flashify app I beleive, and soft bricked it. Now when it powers on it stays at the attt logo. Wiping data, factory resting, does absolutely nothing. It also no longer reads the device on my windows 7 computer like it did before. It can boot into recovery menu, ftm or just it at boot image. Someone's please help, I'm at my wits end with this thing.
You need to find the stock ROM for the zte. And fast boot your phone install the native android adb driver plug it in open the terminal.
CD to fastboot.exe. place recover.IMG. userdata.img and system.IMG

You would CD to fast boot my fastboot and adb files are on my desktop. Simply open command prompt on windows. Aka cmd.

And place fast boot on your desktop type cd desktop
CD adb
Fastboot flash recovery.IMG
Fastboot flash system.IMG
Fastboot flash userdata.IMG
There may be one more file. To flash . But the user/system files will fix your problem. If you can't find the stock IMG I recommend you find a better supported phone or device to mess with. Att will not flash it for free how ever you can have them fix it or just simply order a new one. Note: do not attempt to install custom fonts or unsupported Roms they will not work. You can back up your stock rom next time before flashing if you look up the do it your self instruction's for adb or fast boot.

I have moved my attention away from this phone and started modding the Sheild so I can not provide you with the files needed.

Thank you its much appreciated. I just can't get windows to recognize the device anymore, it says its curropted. I have the stock z992 files for anyone who needs them.

Back
Top Bottom