• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] ZTE Avail2 (Z992) ROM Help

Chekhov

Lurker
Okay So iv'e rooted my ZTE Z992 Avail2 and I still have yet to find a custom ROM for it.

I have booted into recovery to try and do everything but nothing works
and im not sure on what to do. I have ROM manager installed and it's set on ClockWordMod Recovery and it says to Reboot and install but when I do I go to install update from external storage and and the CLockWordMOd folder isnt there so now im stuck on what to do.. I really believe this phone has more potential than just being rooted and nothing more.

I installed a rom from the z993 forum side. Azazel Rom. It works great. Bloat and carrier iq free. Then I partitioned my SD card to support ext3 and swap. Now I have swap and all apps to SD. Next is v6 supercharger script. Check out Azazel Rom. It's smooth and looks great. Just go to the z993 side.

I posted this somewhere else.. but feel it might fit here better:

I successfully rooted my wife's old Avail 2 about an hour ago!!

So.. im complete newb to this. What would be the next step YOU would do?

i have no idea how to do what..

to be honest i havent noticed any difference yet.. am i able to uninstall entire programs? or does that just automatically happen when i remove them? is there a folder or something that i now have access to that i didn't before?

should i upgrade to a different ROM? (i believe that's kinda like going from windows XP to vista in the android world? lol)

im trying to have fun with this... experiment with her old phone before i attempt it on my new android. trying to learn a thing or two here

thanks

(this is just a little project for me.. i have absolutely no idea what to do/how to do it *yet*) just trying to learn

any tips/advice/suggestions/tutorials or whatever would be great... we can go through this together :D

Hey mate. You should download the app ES File Explorer, open it, hit the icon at the top left, scroll down and turn on "root explorer".
Then youll understand what root access means. Instead of just seeing the internal storage, you can look in the /system folder. In there theres an /app folder containing the system (pre-installed) apps and you can long-press one and hit the trash can icon to delete it. Just be careful what you delete and like i said in the other thread, the very first thing to do is make a nandroid in recovery.
Once you do that it you can experiment to your hearts content and have that as a lifeline.
Next thing id play with if i was you is Xposed Framework (google "xposed installer download" and install the installer.
The way i see Xposed is like a tree with its roots into the /system, then you can install xposed "modules" that tap into the trunk of that tree to alter things in the system.
You can do pretty much everything a custom rom can do with xposed modules. Xposed is the future of modding imo :thumbup:

I installed a rom from the z993 forum side. Azazel Rom. It works great. Bloat and carrier iq free. Then I partitioned my SD card to support ext3 and swap. Now I have swap and all apps to SD. Next is v6 supercharger script. Check out Azazel Rom. It's smooth and looks great. Just go to the z993 side.
Hey buddy,
Any luck with the supercharger script? What is that btw? Any link for info/dl?

Also wanted a little feedback on partitioning. Im looking to partition my samsung class 10 32gb microsd to enhance the performance of my z992 runing azazel rom. What would be the optimal ratio for partition sizes? Like 10gb ext3, 1026 mb swap etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom