• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Avid wont start root

Duke 505

Yes ive read the sticky topic. I have also seen the root method video. What i did was dl the root file on my phone and send it to the computer and unzip it in the C:/drive. I did this because i dont have home internet atm. I dont know what im doing wrong. All the drivers are installed. I did the command prompt thing but the root sequence wont even start.

This is not the first time i tried to root. I have rooted an optimus m before no problem.

Yes ive read the sticky topic. I have also seen the root method video. What i did was dl the root file on my phone and send it to the computer and unzip it in the C:/drive. I did this because i dont have home internet atm. I dont know what im doing wrong. All the drivers are installed. I did the command prompt thing but the root sequence wont even start.

This is not the first time i tried to root. I have rooted an optimus m before no problem.

Can you take a screenshot of the error you get in the command prompt or write down what it says?

It says
*daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully* And after that nothing happens!

What do you get when you type adb devices?

I plug the USB into the phone and into the computer when the phone is in FTM mode. All the drivers are installed properly. I even tried the command line way also and double click on the root.bat file too. I still get the same results no matter method i try.

When i typed adb devices i just get
List of devices attached
? device And that all it says. I know the drivers are installed correctly. But i also tried some of the adb options and it said something about the server being out of date. Really don't know what that means.

Try removing the drivers from device manager in windows, reboot your PC, plug your phone back in and allow the drivers for each USB connection option to install reboot PC again, plug phone in and try using adb again.

Thanks for the help guys. I uninstalled the driver and tried the root method again but waited a few minutes. And the next thing i know i was rooted!

Back
Top Bottom