• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Awake Time same as Up Time even after factory reset

I have a Droid Incredible that will not enter Sleep mode -- the "Awake time" stays the same as the "Up Time" no matter how often I reboot the phone. I removed any recently downloaded apps and went so far as to do a full factory reset -- the problem remains.

Here's what happens: My battery, which formerly lasted for about 12 hours of regular use, now lasts no more than 4. Settings > About Phone > Battery shows that the Up Time and the Awake Time are the same. "Battery Use" lists a bunch of non-app program (Display, Voice Calls, Cell Standby, Android System, etc), and clicking the little graph at the top of the screen shows that, while the "Screen on", "Phone Signal" and "Charging" go in and out depending on whether the phone is on, has signal or is charging, the "Awake" bar is solidly blue -- as in it has always been awake. Moreover, the phone gets noticeably warm, as if I were using it for an hour or two straight.

I first had this problem a month or so ago. After searching on this forum and others I adjusted the sync rates on things like Facebook and Twitter apps and deleted a couple of apps. The problem went away and I thought all was fixed. Then, yesterday, I was on an airplane, turned my phone off at takeoff and back on upon landing, and soon after I noticed the Awake problem was back.

I hadn't downloaded any new apps recently but went back and deleted a few downloaded in the last three weeks or so anyway. I looked at the current apps running, checked sync frequency on the same old things again, went back to these forums and tried everything that was listed (downloaded some sort of program monitoring apps, force stopped things like Calender that may have been problematic, uninstalled recent updates), all to no avail.

Admitting defeat, I did a factory reset. The problem is still there.

So at this point it seems that it's not an app that's doing the damage. Either something happened to the OS that didn't go away during the factory reset or...maybe the battery? Any other suggestions?

I have a job that sometimes requires me to be away from a power source for more than four hours at a time, but also needing a cell phone in that time, so just bearing with it isn't going to work for much more than a week or so. Anything anyone might have would be great. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom