• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back Up / Restore to Date

komobu

Looking for a back up utility that will allow me to restore my phone to the exact condition it was on a given date. I looked at Titanium Back Up and a few others and they look as though you have back up individual programs. If my phone experiences problems, I would just like to restore the phone to the exact way it was two weeks ago.

Any recommendations?

My S4 was rooted and verizon updated me last friday. Since the update, my device resets at least ten times a day, often during calls.

I went to the verizon store and they are just going to replace my phone. Since I will have the newest updates on it I doubt I will be able to root it. As a result, I wont be able to use all those titanium back ups I made!

Anyways, what I am really looking for is some type of roll-back feature. So If my device starts lagging or I dont like some software, I could just roll it back to a specific date when I was happy with it.

Thanks for any help

What you are looking for is a "nandroid" backup, which is pretty much a volume image of your entire phone at the time you back it up. You will need to be rooted and have CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed and then you can backup, copy the files to a PC for safekeeping.

Back
Top Bottom