• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help backing up stuff before factory reset

mikeydooodie

Android Enthusiast
im not so worried about contacts since vzw does it for me BUT what about apps and my pictures/videos??

running 10.4 mac if that helps

resets won't wipe what's on your SD card, and that's where your pics and videos should be. if in doubt, take it out before the reset. if you use appbrain (an app in the market) it knows what you have downloaded, so after the reset, get it from the market again and hit sync...one caveat on this, it takes a while to download them all again. Paid apps will always be available anyway, but this is one way to get the free ones back without having to remember what you had.

I highly suggest MyBackup Pro.
Backs up all of your apps, ALL of your data (you select what exactly you want it to backup, and my "all data" I mean; texts, call logs, settings, homescreens, EVERYTHING).

I have yet to restore everything, but I read that it also backs up your in-app settings and everything. But don't take my word for this.

If you don't want to spend the $5, there is a free version that will last for 30 days.

I use to not back anything up, and would use AppBrain to save my apps - but the process of still having to install each individual app, was a pain. MyBackup Pro saves all your apps [zipped] on your SD card, so when you restore - that's it. You don't have to "tap" through each app, approving\installing it. They're just there.

Back
Top Bottom