• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backlight issues and battery consumption

Atodaso

Lurker
This is my first android phone, and I've been pretty happy with it up until last night.

I went to answer a text message and the phones screen went blank, however the backlight stayed on. I tried a hard reset which didn't seem to resolve anything until I actually plugged the phone in for charging. I did some reading and discovered an apparent software flaw causing the issue, and turning on "Optimized Backlight" apparently resolves the issue.

I flicked it on, and it seems to have solved my issue, and went to bed with my battery at around 65% (not charging). In the morning my battery was at 18%, and by the time I got to work and answered two text messages it has now dropped to 7%. According to battery consumpion, 89% has been using by the operating system (has typically been 50/50 between the backlight/display and the OS).

Any ideas? It is chewing through battery like there's no tomorrow.

**This is my first post here so bare with me.

Hi Atodaso, welcome.
How long have you had the phone? Has it been charged and discharged plenty of times?
I think that 65% at night and 18% by morning is about what mine would do off charge before I started using Stamina mode. Have you got this turned on as that dramatically increases the life, you can choose which apps still fetch data but it's better than all the apps doing stuff when you don't need it.

Hello Atodaso, after having my Xperia Z1 for 3 weeks I began having issues with the backlight, it went black I could hardly make out my icons. I phoned my 02 and they arranged for a courier to collect the phone at my home and I was given another which so far has been ok but at the moment won't install the new firmware update in case I get problems on this phone.
I went and searched YouTube and found vids for this problem :-

Sony Xperia Z1 - Random Defective Display/Screen Problem Warning - YouTube

Hope this link works, chaps id is adrianisen

Back
Top Bottom