• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Pictures And Other Misc.

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
OK so I got my wife an S5 and we have been changing over from her S3 to the new phone. Problem is, I used app backup and restore to move all her apps over to the new phone and.....the S5 says there is no backup with I do so. I did the same with the stock messaging app and it says there is no backup. Now I've checked the file path and it all looks right. I moved over the SIM card and SD card and that should have had the save data on them but didn't. Now I'm just wondering if the new phone is giving issue and won't allow us to move everything over? Neither phone is rooted or will be very soon until this is solved. I even tried a couple other back up apps and that didn't work. So I'm at a loss. Please help.

Helium should work. Have to install it on your pc, and both phones. Backup from the one, then restore to the other.

Have you tried "my backup"

That it backups everything except app data to the SD card. Unless both devices are rooted then you can backup the app data.

If you are having problems backing things up, it might have something to do with how Kit Kat writes things on the SD card. I use to be able to use My Backup Pro to back up everything to my SD card, but since Kit Kat, My Back Up Pro will not back up to my SD card. Try backing up everything to your computer, then transferring them back to your new phone. Also try using Helium to back up app data. But again, you will have to back your data up to your computer or to a cloud because of Kit Kat.

I just remembered something. If you have everything backed up on your SD card already, check to see if it is there. You might have to place your back ups onto your internal memory to access them.

My Back Up Pro will not back up to my SD card.

Google introducing that read/write access change to SDcards is a real bummer. While third-party apps are being pushed into a corner as far as file management tasks, don't forget as a kluge you can use Android's 'My File' app to manage your SD card content.

Back
Top Bottom