• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad SD card? Or hardware issue?

HalfFrozen

Android Enthusiast
So, the past few weeks I would get an abrupt error doing really anything on the phone saying SD card has been unexpectedly removed.. or something along those lines... the problem got more and more frequent till today.

I am able to take out the card, and read it on my computer just fine, but when I have it in the phone, it doesn't even recognize it now.

I put in a 4M Micro SD card, and the phone picked it up right away.

Is the OEM SD card bad? Or is this a hardware issue?

Also, I am Rooted, running the Latest Synergy rom.

Thanks.

sounds like possibly a card issue, but while you can, I'd hook it to your computer in a reader and back everything up on it.

Afterwards, try a reformat in the phone, see if it still acts up after that. If it seems to work ok, reload your info back onto it, see if the problem comes back, or if it clears up.

sounds like possibly a card issue, but while you can, I'd hook it to your computer in a reader and back everything up on it.

Afterwards, try a reformat in the phone, see if it still acts up after that. If it seems to work ok, reload your info back onto it, see if the problem comes back, or if it clears up.

+1 - Not sure where you'd stand with Verizon if the OEM MicroSD card went out, but the phone is ok. You might be able to get a new 32 GB card out of them if it continues to give you problems and you make enough noise. Good luck!

Thanks guys!

How do I do a SD card reformat on the phone??

Go under your Settings, then SD & Phone Storage. I believe you have to unmount it first, then you should get the option to Erase SD Card, which should erase all data. Personally, I like taking the card out, putting it in the PC (after copying it), and then erase EVERYTHING on it, then put it back in the phone, just as if had been a brand new blank card from the go.

Otherwise, the card, if deemed defective, is still covered under the mfr warranty, so should be able to get that replaced.

Back
Top Bottom