• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad update? About a week ago the SD card in my friends droid stopped working, now mine?

It says "Blank SD card. Sd card blank or has unsupported file system" But it says it has 6.06 GB available out of 18 GB. I tried opening it on the pc to try to save what was in it and it says it cannot read it anymore either; that I need to format it. Neither the computer or the phone will let me format it. when I click format, it asks if I am sure then does nothing. grrr.... I even tried running pandora recovery on it or AVG to scan it & it just doesn't want to be read. There was no recent trama to it. Now, on my android, the sd card has been going in & out as well & its draining the battery 3x a day & my dad's htc is just getting stuck in BIOS & dying. What the crap is going on? Is there a bad update out there?

Sounds like your SD card took a crap. Mine did that a while back too. Luckily I had a backup of most everything on my laptop, so when I bought a new one I was able to save most of my info. One thing I didn't have backed up was some of my apps though. With astro file manager your able to keep a backup of all your app's so I do that now as I had a few apps they no longer have out there.

Totally sucks that this happened, but just remember to keep a backup of everything!

Back
Top Bottom