• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barnacle app problems

Eirinos

Lurker
Hey, I have problem with my x10 xperia mini pro and app called Barnacle WiFi Tether...

I've installed it, I've rooted the phone and when I hit the Start button it shows this...

Starting...
Waiting until WiFi is disabled...
(sometimes goes even more)
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
(and then it stops)
*after a while I got two red messages*
Permission denied
Stopped unexpectedly!

Anyone else having this kind of problem? What should I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
V.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with this particular application. However if you have updated to the 2.3 version of the Android OS then you should need this kind of application as your phone will then support tethering without the need for a third party application.

I've tried it on the U20i version (Android 2.1), and no luck. Friend with the same model of phone tried it, and no luck. We are on different networks.

I tried it on a different Android phone, also running 2.1, with same SIM card, and it worked without a lot of runaround. Searching around, I've read some people reporting that it worked with the X10 Mini Pro, but they did not say what version of Android or if they had the U20i (maybe they had the Americas version of the phone).

Back
Top Bottom