• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Spring training starts next week. I see there is a game between the Dodgers and the Padres the 22nd. I'm ready for some baseball. I love MLB and look forward to it every year. I'll be rooting for the Royals again this year... that's a given. They open training with a game against the Rangers the 23rd. I pick the Dodgers to be in the World Series. It's a long season and money doesn't always buy the best team production but it is damn difficult to keep out of the series. It will be interesting to see who they will face this year.

If you told me in 2000 that someone would come in and buy the Red Sox, win 4 World Series, and be universally hated by Red Sox fans, I would call you an imbecile. Even one championship would have been enough to cement a god-like status among the fanbase. But to have this ownership group treat the team like a cash register for their other ventures is such an insult that I cannot be a fan of the team. And I absolutely love watching baseball but it makes me sick watching the product they put on the field with the resources they have.

SELL THE TEAM!!!

Upvote 0
They are my team @Unforgiven and you are so right. It's ridiculous and I want to not watch, not root them on, live and die on every game and play but I'm not going to find another team out of spite either. I'll end up watching way more Braves games but my baseball heart is in Boston. And I hate them.

Upvote 0
I :love:Love Baseball:love:

Baseball Austin GIF by Texas Longhorns

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh and, let's not forget about the uniforms - apparently they're crap and the players are complaining.
I hadn't heard they were complaining about the uniforms. (n) Please pay me 8 figures a year to play a game and give me all the work clothes I need for the job. :mad:

To be fair, I don't really know the details of this, so I'm just projecting my anger at John Henry onto the players. :p

Upvote 0
I've seen a few short quips that they are cheap feeling and the pants can't be customized. My pants really can't be either I guess but I don't complain, they're jeans after all. I've not yet seen a good picture of a jersey in action or ill-fitting pants but do fine it amusing with everything else that is wrong with the MLB and now Boston. Something has gone very wrong recently.

Upvote 0
KC needs a baseball team before they need a new stadium. Kauffman stadium hasn't been packed since their short lived World Series run. Arrowhead is a different story. It is always packed no matter the weather or how poorly the team is doing. Both fields are iconic though not the mega dollar complexes that exist today. It's not like a new stadium is going to put more butts in the stands for the Royals. They need a competitive team.

Upvote 0
Oh and, let's not forget about the uniforms - apparently they're crap and the players are complaining.

Ditto, I've read several articles about the players hating the new uniforms. Plus I saw one new "City Connect" Uniform, which a lot of teams are getting that was a light baby blue and looked really bad/stupid.

The new uniforms are made by Nike/Fanatics. Isn't Fanatics owned by someone at Fox News? Erin Andrews Fox Sports Reporter has her clothing line at Fanatics

Addendum: Erin Andrews Clothing Line, WEAR by Erin Andrews | www.fanatics.com
Erin Andrews Clothing Line, WEAR by Erin Andrews | www.fanatics.com

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I've not followed the Red Sox saga. It sounds pretty bleak when mainstream is dogging them. My Royals suck and have most of their existence. I guess the fans and the competition are accustomed to them being a super level farm club playing in the majors. It has to boil down to ownership and yet it is accepted. At least the Sox fans and ball fans are embarrassed at their lack luster outlook. Keep up the complaining and bitching. It might make an impact.

Upvote 0
well i think my boys in bue are going to be the most hated team in baseball this year and probably in many years to come. we have the talent to go all the way, but i am very reserved on how far we can go. we have had two 100 win teams that have lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. i am very excited to see what Shohei can do for this team. we might not get to see his arm, but his bat is going to be huge for the teams lineup.

Upvote 0
Found this on ESPN rating City Connect uniforms. the Boston Red Sox City Connect Uniform makes no sense. Not sure if these are the final uniform

Ranking MLB's radical City Connect uniforms: Which one's No. 1?
Some of them aren't awful, they have a throwback look or actually make sense. Some are just head-scratchers. Boston's is just utterly stupid and has no reason to be.
I actually like them if the theme is the team's connection to the city of Boston. Patriots day in Boston with the running of the Boston Marathon (the colors and font of the uniform) and the annual 10AM home game where the fans get out of the game and cheer on the last of the runners is pretty cool. Aesthetically, I think they are ugly, but that hasn't seemed to matter in uniforms in a long time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones