• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery 1600mah

Hi
What i want to know is that ae these replacement battieries safe?
I dont mind if they are not that much better. But are they safe to put into the phone. Is it going to damage the phone in any way. Because i want a replacement battery. I just cant decide whether to buy a genuine one or one from this site:
Twin Pack High Capacity Replacement 1600mAh batteries for HTC Desire HD > Memory Cards, Memory Sticks & More

They say that they have a high capacity. Does any1 know whether the batteries on that website look OK. Would you buy from them?
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Did anyone try the BMC 1600 mAh batteries? (they have an ebay store, but can't see them listed on there).

I bought the "single" option for

Upvote 0
Got the BMC battery today :) Charged it up once (it was around 55% out of the packet). After one charge, GreenPower is saying:

Light Usage Left: 36 h
Normal Usage Left: 16 h
Heavy Usage Left: 8 h
Constant Usage Left: 4 h ..I'm assuming it may improve after a few cycles. The HTC battery eases out when you remove it, this replacement one takes a few taps and is trickier!

The HTC battery has been in use over 2 months, but the stats are exactly the same!

This might be the 1500 mAh that actually offers extended life (as mentioned elsewhere): http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTENDED-1500-REPLACEMENT-BATTERY-DESIRE/dp/B004G3OI28/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299689774&sr=1-4 They have an ebay store too (cheaper on there). Wish I'd went for that one.

Upvote 0
In all my prevouis mobiles. I always brought a back up alternative battery. Again for my HD brought a stronger (non branded) battery then the orignal.

I intend to just keep using the non-standard one for now. Though with my Otterbox Defender case on the HD. It's not just a 30 second battery swap over anymore; unlike prevouis phones.

I brought my one from ebay for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones