• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If one is smart, one brings it to a shop to have it changed.

If one isn't, one opens the case, buys a temperature-controlled soldering station (half-decent ones start at about $100), unsolders the old battery, solders in the new battery, and one hopes that he didn't overheat the battery or slip in some way, damaging some component that's going to take a $200 trip to the repair shop to fix. (You pay by the hour for them to figure out what you broke. Then you pay for the repair. Which is why some good shops won't even take a job like that - they know that they're going to end up with a broken tab or phone because you're not going to pay more for the repair than a new one costs, but you're already into them for the time it took to find the problem, so they have a lien on your tab - IOW, they own it.)

If it involves opening a phone or tab, it's usually a lot cheaper to pay to have it done.

Upvote 0
You will probably never have to. I like swappable batteries like in my S4 but only so I can swap over when my battery runs out.

I must have had 15 phones and tablets and I have never had to replace a battery. I did once do so with a 5 year old phone that I found discarded at work that no-one wanted and my wife finally decided that perhaps she would have a mobile phone after all but that's it.

By the time the battery needs to be replaced, the Note will seem so old and slow that you will be looking to replace the whole thing.

Upvote 0
You will probably never have to. I like swappable batteries like in my S4 but only so I can swap over when my battery runs out.

I must have had 15 phones and tablets and I have never had to replace a battery. I did once do so with a 5 year old phone that I found discarded at work that no-one wanted and my wife finally decided that perhaps she would have a mobile phone after all but that's it.

By the time the battery needs to be replaced, the Note will seem so old and slow that you will be looking to replace the whole thing.

Yup, a very likely scenario..

Upvote 0

So the Note tablet is nothing like the Note 3 (phone)...can not replace the battery by simply opening the back cover?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones