• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Connector Screws

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
I'm in the process of repairing my screen but I need to remove the battery. However, the screws connecting the battery to the motherboard will not come out (I am using the proper tool) and are stripping when I apply the littlest pressure. Damn Google employee must've screwed them on too tight. Any help because it's really starting to piss me off

Check to make sure that the screw shafts (the threaded parts) aren't soldered to the board. If they are you'll have to have the solder melted while you remove the screws. (If you've stripped the heads, replace the screws. If they're too stripped to remove with the solder melted you might have to use cutters [2" or 3" diagonals may be small enough] to start them turning. Be careful - the screws will be hot enough to give you second degree burns if you try to turn them with your fingers.)

Check to make sure that the screw shafts (the threaded parts) aren't soldered to the board. If they are you'll have to have the solder melted while you remove the screws. (If you've stripped the heads, replace the screws. If they're too stripped to remove with the solder melted you might have to use cutters [2" or 3" diagonals may be small enough] to start them turning. Be careful - the screws will be hot enough to give you second degree burns if you try to turn them with your fingers.)

Okay, thankyou for the help!

I have used a small flush cutter like a pliers to grab the screw heads and break them loose, once they are broken loose they come out pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom