• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drainage Problem

Samsung Continuum

So I've had problems with my phone's battery before.. It used to not be able to get through half the day without the battery dying on me. I made sure all the apps were killed with the Advanced Task Manager/Killer App, and I made sure GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc was off during the day. Still, the battery couldn't hold a charge. I took it back to Verizon (this was about 2 months ago) and they gave me a new battery. This didn't work any better, in fact worse, so I went back to my old battery.

Oddly, the battery worked fine, and it still had about half at the end of the day before I went to bed. Then I had a problem with a bug in the phone, and Verizon shipped me out a new phone (w/out the battery and back cover, just the screen part). Now my battery is terrible and at about 10:00 AM after charging all night, the battery is 1/4 down. Once again, everything is shut off:
- Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi Off
- Screen Brightness on Automatic
- All animations off
- Power Saving Mode
- Drain all the way down and fully back up
- Using ATK to kill processes throughout the day

Still, the battery is badd...any suggestions?????????

Have my continuum since 052011. Short battery life, especially when using GPS driving. Brought a 3rd party 3500 mah battery but it won't charge - doesn't have silver "chip" at same edge as contact. Please help. Where can I get a external charger? Original bat takes 4+ HR to charge up. My blkberry get charged in 2hrs.

Have my continuum since 052011. Short battery life, especially when using GPS driving. Brought a 3rd party 3500 mah battery but it won't charge - doesn't have silver "chip" at same edge as contact. Please help. Where can I get a external charger? Original bat takes 4+ HR to charge up. My blkberry get charged in 2hrs.

If you are having major difficulties with your battery, your local Verizon store should ship you out a new one in about 2 days. I had to do this with my Continuum. You could also get an extended battery pack, although it makes your phone bigger.

I just bought the phone 2 days ago. Can't get the phone fully charged. I noticed that the jack is not fitting well, no wonder why it cannot be fully charged. I will go back to Verizon today to request a new phone.:(

Back
Top Bottom