• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery draining - how to stop/minimize

Dear Android experts,

Please help me. After the last software upgrade of my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T phone I found out that phone battery discharge much faster than previouslly. Under battery consumption the following applications are listed.

Battery-draining.png

Please could you advice me how to close/remove the first application from the list since it could not be deleted, as could be seen from the non active options on the second figure; where it is written : Battery consumed for radio 48.31%. I can not find icon which associate Stanje mirovanja - state of Hibernation - in any menu.

Battery-draining2.png

Best regards from Slovenia.

That looks like the cellular use, not a 'radio' like over the airwaves for music or talk.

That is still called radio, because it is using radio waves.

But on a device like this it is the use of the phone.

The recent change of cellular technology can cause the useage to be higher if you are in a fringe service area.
I am not sure of the scheduled technology changes in your country, but 3G is going away fast here.
Now everything is 4G LTE or 5G, and I am in an area with poor reception on those bands.
Therefore my device uses more power searching for and maintaining a signal.

This may also be your issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for considering my problem. I switched from 4G LTE to 3G and 2G and back to 4G LTE, but without any improvement. After that I switched phone OFF and restarted it again, and troubles dissapeared. Before software update I filled phone battery approximately once per week, but after the update something changed and I had to recharge battery almost each day. It seems to me that this version of MIUI Android needs improvements...

Battery-draining3.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones