• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining quicker than usual on Samsung A02

Johncoool

For about 10 days so far I have been trying to figure out why the phone has suddenly started to drain the battery faster than below.

the final thing I did is that I rooted and reset the phone.

The battery used to last for 2-3 weeks and now it lasts for less than a week even after reset or power save on. I did not add any apps after the reset to see and yet still has the issue.

I hope that it is not the battery getting weaker.

If the average battery can survive up to 500 cycles then I am still at less than 300.

I noticed that the phone is always warm while idle and the CPU never drops below 64%. The CPU clock speed is showing in CPU-Z 962-1500. I used this app to find out what is going on.

After that I flashed the stock ROM and still has the same issue.

I want a way to change the CPU min frequency. I will try some kernel apps for that.

I need tips and ideas on how to resolve this or know more about it.

well the phone is 3 years old. most batteries these days start to decline after 3 years or so.

curious do you have the a02 or the ao2s? xda only has a dev forum for the ao2s.

It is A02 and yes I am aware that there is custom android 12 for A02s.

I placed a request on the Samsung forum for a request to improve change the Kernel to allow the clock speed of the phone to start at less than 64%.

The average cycle life of a battery is suppose to be 500 times and all my other devices still have the same battery as the day they got purchased about 10 years ago or less.

Samsung is suppose to be a quality device, even if only a budget phone.

Since I only charge the phone 2-3 time per month then I still did not cycle the battery more than 150 times since I got it so no need for it to degrade yet.

My suspicion is in the min CPU frequency which never drops to less than 64% at all 4 cores. So I need to be able to edit the kernel to change that to a much lower setting.

Back
Top Bottom