• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Gets Warm

SlayersRage

I have the extended battery & I get great life out of my battery even if its connected to Wifi all day. My problem is outside of home either work or elsewhere when it runs off of 4G or 3G..the phone/battery gets warm after little use. Also, obviously when it does that the battery life also suffers. Does it sound like a bad/defective battery?

no, it sounds like a normal day for battery life on 4G

4G sucks the life out of batteries, and it will run fairly warm.

I have the extended battery & I get great life out of my battery even if its connected to Wifi all day. My problem is outside of home either work or elsewhere when it runs off of 4G or 3G..the phone/battery gets warm after little use. Also, obviously when it does that the battery life also suffers. Does it sound like a bad/defective battery?

Yea overtime that might wear with your battery but I mean is nothing you have to worry about. When you had your regular battery did it get warm when you were on 4 g also?

Yea overtime that might wear with your battery but I mean is nothing you have to worry about. When you had your regular battery did it get warm when you were on 4 g also?

Not unless I used it for an extended amount of time...it seems like after 10-15mins it gets warm now.

Not unless I used it for an extended amount of time...it seems like after 10-15mins it gets warm now.

If you're constantly on your phone of course its gonna get warm. if you're not doing a lot of stuff for it to be getting warm then you might need to take it to the store and get it looked at

i would imagine, if you arent using it then you have background apps that are constantly running, for me i noticed it with my droid x
i ran carrier coverage (i think thats what it was) and because it updated alot it caused my battery to heat up alot, but not once have i worried about the battery because these things can take a great deal of punishment

mine really heats up in my car when I use internet radio & a gps app at the sametime. 4G, memory & the GPS chip all going at the same time. I just direct an a/c vent towards the phone. We've seen this since the OG.

Back
Top Bottom