• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Help!

SEadeh

My battery was normal up until 11 am today. I was around 50%, and within the next 30-40 minutes the battery dropped down all the way to 30%. It has been draining steadily since then. I wasn't using it more than normal, and I didn't install any new apps this morning.

The app that was using most of the battery was facebook which is really strange because it is never that high on the list for battery usage. I forced closed the facebook app but that didn't seem to help. I updated a couple of apps yesterday afternoon, but the battery was fine until 11 am this morning.

I shut the phone off for a while, but I turned it back on. Right now am at 9% battery. Uptime is 12:30 mins, awake time 06:20 mins after turning the phone back on.

Anybody have an suggestions on what the problem could be?

Since you turned it off and back on, that wipes out the values from before. I'd suspect the Facebook app screwed up. Just charge it and see if anything else stands out. Also you might want to get System Panel so you can see what's actively using your CPU. Anything in the "Inactive" list are apps that are simply cached in memory but not running.

your fine... Facebook was probably the last thing used when you took it off the charger but if it keeps happening then then you should be concerned

I ran into an issue where Facebook was updating my Live Feed continuously. Not every minute, I mean constantly. So I killed that sync schedule, and all is well.

Thanks. It seems everything is back to normal since I turned the phone back on. Just got worried because I've never had the battery drain that fast before.

System Panel is a great app...thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom