• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery, how are you guys getting more than 8 hours.

daviddcmd

I have juice defender, task killer, screen at 60%. Every txt I send or read the phone drops a percentage in fact just about every task I do it drops a percentage.
Help a brother out!!

I dont use anything on this phone, on my old DHD I used Green Power Premium and it helped on that but this One x Plus doesnt need anything.

Check what apps you have running and I have my screen brightness set to auto.
My usage has uncreased the last week or two but after 14 hours I still have 40 to 50% battery usage.

My battery got better after about three or four days usage.

What does it say under "usage" as to what's using all the power? I'm not a super heavy user, but I probably have the phone awake and doing things about 2-3 hours a day minimum, and haven't had any trouble getting through the entire day.

My advice: don't count out power saver mode

To my knowledge, power saver mode limits you to one core and turns off data connections when the screen is off.

This might sound unappealing to some (after all, quad-core was one of the biggest selling points), but it's not so bad when you consider that each core offers 1.7ghz. This should be more than capable for most of the things you do on your phone (if you seriously intend to game full-time, there's other devices much better suited for that...). Need more juice for a game? Turn power saver mode off... game... then back on again when you're done.

I really think "power saver mode" was a bad name choice. My personal opinion, they should have labeled it "performance mode" where all of your cores would be enabled after being checked.

I think people would feel less inadequate when putting their phone into power saver mode, making this mode "normal mode". It would also be more of a treat whenever you needed to enable "performance mode", instead of feeling let down whenever you have to go into "power saver mode".

custom Rom / insert coin desensed
juice defender balanced mode
power saver check cpu usuage only
screen at 33% brightness

I get about 12 hours moderate use.

I have juice defender, task killer, screen at 60%. Every txt I send or read the phone drops a percentage in fact just about every task I do it drops a percentage.
Help a brother out!!
I bought an new OEM battery last week, and now it gets more than 14 hours moderate use.

dude u have to look at all your apps u will find one that is eating all your juice plus u need to add Advanced Task killer Pro, Battery Booster, start up manager free and all in one tool box. once you have that alot config up right u should get most of a day out of your phone if u need any help config it up drop me a line

maverick!

Task killers eat more power than they save for the most part and are a terrible idea on Android.

Auto task killers screw up what the operating system is controlling in the first place. Most of the apps that people kill aren't actually running in the first place, often you're looking at cached statistics.

Use GSam Battery Monitor to see what your phone is really doing. Look for apps that keep waking your phone up as a good start. Tap the vacuum icon, lower left, to get to the power sucking tables, tap the top label to change views.

my htc one x is dieing after about 7 hours of use any ideas to help ? have advanced task killer and updated software and now the phone hae power saver is this any good and should i leave it on all the time ?? any good apps for battery?

Personally I leave power save mode on, unless hitting the games.

With low to med usage I got over 12 hours use and still had 40%.battery left. Med to high usage I am getting maybe 9 or 10 hours atm.

One hint I would give is to turn off syncs you don't need. Go into settings, accounts and sync, Google and then touch your email address and you will see 11 items all sync'ing! Turn off the silly ones.

I'm still working on getting better battery life.

My last comment was in response to sylkisgsx's comment:

"My advice: don't count out power saver mode

To my knowledge, power saver mode limits you to one core and turns off data connections when the screen is off.

This might sound unappealing to some (after all, quad-core was one of the biggest selling points), but it's not so bad when you consider that each core offers 1.7ghz. This should be more than capable for most of the things you do on your phone (if you seriously intend to game full-time, there's other devices much better suited for that...). Need more juice for a game? Turn power saver mode off... game... then back on again when you're done.

I really think "power saver mode" was a bad name choice. My personal opinion, they should have labeled it "performance mode" where all of your cores would be enabled after being checked.

I think people would feel less inadequate when putting their phone into power saver mode, making this mode "normal mode". It would also be more of a treat whenever you needed to enable "performance mode", instead of feeling let down whenever you have to go into "power saver mode"."

I easily get 20-24 hrs with each charge. That includes having 3G or Wifi on, 4 - 6 hrs of Screen time, and 20 - 40 minutes of talk time, not to mention browsing, snapping a few picks, music.

Back
Top Bottom