• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery in "Droid 2.2

I renewed my Telus plan and got the LG-Shine model LGC710h.

After fully charging the battery LGIP-400N, I noted it's strength diminshed quite rapidly.

Yesterday after a full charge of battery, it died after 8 hours with minimal use and primarily in standy-by mode. :mad:

I find this very unusual after being a cell phone user since 1994 with my very first phone a Motorola DPC 550 requiring an additional battery to be carried around with me.

Now, 17 years later with the huge technological advance I find it inconceivable that I have virtually no stand by time instead of the some 3 days on my previous LG Shine flip phone.

Could I have a disfunctional battery that requires replacement or is there a better battery available.:thinking:

Hoping to hear from the moderators.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Modern smartphones are basically handheld computers anymore. Lots of processes normally run on them and the screens also tend to use a lot of battery. Getting a day or two out of a phone is not uncommon for smartphone users.

To squeeze some additional life out of the phone, try deleting any unused widgets from your multiple home screens. Widgets are active at all times and consume power even when not displayed or being actively used. Live wallpapers also tend to consume lots of battery. If your phone uses a live wallpaper you might consider changing to a static wallpaper. Auto brightness features on some phone also use additional power. Manually dimming the screen can help save additional battery.

Reactions: davidwilliams
Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums!

Modern smartphones are basically handheld computers anymore. Lots of processes normally run on them and the screens also tend to use a lot of battery. Getting a day or two out of a phone is not uncommon for smartphone users.

To squeeze some additional life out of the phone, try deleting any unused widgets from your multiple home screens. Widgets are active at all times and consume power even when not displayed or being actively used. Live wallpapers also tend to consume lots of battery. If your phone uses a live wallpaper you might consider changing to a static wallpaper. Auto brightness features on some phone also use additional power. Manually dimming the screen can help save additional battery.

I will execute the suggestions you have outlined. For one I will be very happy with 2 day standby time. I do not believe I have any widgets activated and have static wallpaper. However 'auto brightness' is turned on, so on with the dimmer switch.

Any suggestion as to a better battery?

Thank you

Upvote 0
@ davidwilliams :
well i recommend to give u r battery a full cycle recharge always

charge when it get empty and charge to full without a break

use screen time out...i m using at 30 secs .. this will surely help u buddy

Thank youi.

Will change the time out that currently sits at 10 min, as well as adjust auto brightness.

Extremely helpful.

David Williams

Reactions: amit_eighty8
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones