• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life discuss

gary93

So I have read a lot of people having question of battery life, just like myself. :p Thinking we may have a post about different battery life and tips for all of us.

So here's what I would like to share:
1. ROM
2. Performance (CPU) setting (governors)
3. App ( If you are using any)
4. Setting ( data, brightness, volume etc.)
5. Average battery life ( how many hours your phone last til charge )

For myself:
1. TG CM7 last build
2. Interactive, still trying different governors.
3. Tried Juicedefender, not really a big different. 2x battery, drain even faster than normal, 3 hours without data and screen off, down to 74% from full charge....
4. data -> use when I need it.
brightness -> lowest when indoor, 75% outdoor, never gone to full
Volume -> vibrate only most of the time
5. depend of usage, if a day of heaver data use will least around 8 hours. Light use least a day.

I would like to hear different experience from all of you guys. Cheers :)

Currently on CM7 g60 r0.6, not sure what you mean by governor, tried JD and Easy Battery Saver (the former on multiple ROMs) and so far as I could tell neither did anything of any use.

I tend to leave WiFi on (except at work, the WiFi there is useless), and put the phone on a charge cable in the car while going to and from (while using the phone for music). Brightness is automatic. Volume needs to be fairly high for me, and I also use vibrate. Don't get many calls, though.

I don't yet have that good a baseline on battery life with my current ROM, especially since I'm not away from chargers much (when I'm home, the phone is usually plugged in, likewise in the car).

Back
Top Bottom