• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery life Less after update -- any fixes yet?

musikat

For those few whose battery life is actually not as good post-update have you figured out why yet?

This is my first full day after doing the update last night and the battery is draining faster than it did before (even in standby). All settings are the same as before and I started with a 100 percent charge this morning. I am now down to 64% after 7 1/2 hours of light use. While that may sound like an improvement for some it actually isn't for me. Not a deal breaker but I would love to get my excellent battery life back (24-36 hours -- yes I am a light user especially when I am home a lot, which I am in the summer). The only thing different that I can see is that google talk doesn't stay disabled like it did before. Wifi is way down on the list of things using the battery and nothing seems out of place or not sleeping properly.

Anyone figured out any "new" tweaks to help after the update?

mines actually improved. i just dont like how they changed the levels. it doesnt turn yellow until 30% and red when its less than 20%.

Today is day two. I tried a battery pull last night and multiple things to get rid of Google Talk (no luck). Still draining faster than before. :(

Back
Top Bottom