• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life poor since JB update?

xmguy1

I've noticed that since I updated the Commando 4G to Jelly Bean the battery with my standard battery has been poor. Lasting only a few hours. Maybe only 5-6 hours. That's with stand by time too. Ideas?

Usage today from 90%.

Attachments

• 1390772775893.jpg
    1390772775893.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 106
I tried the GPS idea. Didn't work. My battery with music playback and the screen on here and there is draining about 3% every 5-10 minutes.

Attachments

• 1390789696202.jpg
    1390789696202.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 91
Download one of the battery apps from the store, I use betterbatterystats. You have to see what is keeping your phone from sleeping. Its the only way you are going to be able to fix this.

I keep my screen down to 25% most of the time. It's plenty bright for most uses and I can toggle it up to 50 or 100 using Notification Toggle if it's bright outside. The screen is a major battery sucker. But I don't think that's your main issue. As RJGlenn says, get a battery analyser app. Sound like you have a wake lock problem.

This thread discusses his GPS /battery problems:
http://androidforums.com/casio-g-zone-commando-4g-lte/814305-gps-wakelocks.html

I had the same issue when I first updated. A battery pull worked for me, but if that doesn't work, might have to do a system reset.

I've downloaded those battery apps. It showed 2 apps using a sensor. So I used Titanium Backup to freeze them. I hope it works.

Attachments

• 1390860550515.jpg
    1390860550515.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 64
You are probably going to have to delete all of your user apps and the add them back, one or two at a time to see what is killing your battery. I also think if you are a little too aggressive with freezing and deleting you will have problems as well. If an app expects another app to be there and it's not it will wake lock because it doesn't know what else to do.

So here is your plan, add all the bloat back in, remove your user apps, then delete a little bloat every day and add an app or two every day until things get hinky then you will know the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20140127_203020.JPG
    IMG_20140127_203020.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 65
You are probably going to have to delete all of your user apps and the add them back, one or two at a time to see what is killing your battery. I also think if you are a little too aggressive with freezing and deleting you will have problems as well. If an app expects another app to be there and it's not it will wake lock because it doesn't know what else to do.

So here is your plan, add all the bloat back in, remove your user apps, then delete a little bloat every day and add an app or two every day until things get hinky then you will know the issue.

The only thing about that is nothing in the apps or system has changed since updating. My battery was fine on 4.0.4. Since the update its horrible.

One thing I've found that helps with battery life is to install "Advanced Task Manager". You can designate which apps to keep running, and which apps to kill. It has a 1x1 widget that kills all of the running apps with one click without even opening the app. I do that about 3 times a day and it seems to help quite a bit.

I do have the extended battery, so I can't tell if my battery life would be comparable with yours or not.

Back
Top Bottom