• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life tips?

barney_rebel

Android Enthusiast
I tried searching for the thread where we went off-topic discussing the battery life.

Someone claimed the battery was much better after 2.3, but I said it was a lot worse. I can get 3.5 hours max, if I am connected. 2 hours if I am chatting, using apps.

Someone suggested using Power Tutor and have it monitor which apps are power hogs, and freeze/uninstall those apps. This helped a bit, but not much.

As always, use Juice Defender. Again, helps a little.

TrendMicro just came out with "Longevity Beta". I found this to be a very good app. It did a few annoying things like turn the screen off after 15 seconds (and to us, if you're not quick enough, you will get that black screen problem)

The person who claimed to get 12 hours on the battery... I managed to do this easily if I go airplane mode. I always try to remember to do that when I am not expecting calls. If he managed to do this while connected, I would like to know what his secret is...

Get this application off the Market: CPU Spy. This will show you the amount of time your phone spends at each CPU speed available to your phone. The most desirable one (when your screen is off), is Deep Sleep.

Now say, leave your phone display off and check it in an hour. If there wasn't an hour added to Deep Sleep, a process/app is keeping your phone in a partial wakelock (preventing it from sleeping).

If you know how to sideload apps via ADB, I also recommend installing: Better Battery Stats

This will let you view what actual processes are keeping your phone in partial wakelock and from there we can determine what to do.

If I let my phone idle and text a bit, I can get about 2-3 days without charging. If I use it for chats emails and the works, I'll get about 6-8 hours. I have 2.3 and I use Go launcher EX. Juice defender never really helped me, but its different for everyone. My ipod has an app called battery doctor, which recommends that you do a full power cycle every month. I've decided to do this with my phone as well, and so far I'm pleased with the results.

I am getting a steady 12-16 hours now. One notable feature I disabled was auto-sync. I'm not sure if that did it or not, but now I only have to charge the phone once a day!

there is a great App called "Battery Saver" that is made by AnTuTu.. its extremely easy to use and I noticed a significant difference in battery consumption after the first day..

Back
Top Bottom