• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

ffamole99

hi there ..bascially in a nutshell if I want to do anything with my phone i have to be near a charger, My phone only lasts roughly 4 hours or so with a full charge.. I'm assuming the battery is bad and that I would have to replace it... Please let me know what you think

No its just the apps that run in the back round. I doubled my battery life by rooting it and downloading task killer pro.

Use SetCPU and nothing else to underclock your phone given your on snapdragon regardless of set you will still retain full speed unless you UC too much obviously.Also do not use task killers they actually kill bat faster by running on top of whats already running in the background.Also move all downloaded apps possible to SD to free up RAM more stress on this puts more stress on CPU simultaneously higher batt drain

If your phone is rooted you can download sdbooster. It kind of makes the phone run smoother and slightly faster. Well I only have my cache set to 512

Good Morning ~

I've lurked a few times trying to figure out how to prolong my battery life and all I found is how to 'root' your phone and other things I don't understand, I am a techy idiot! LOL!

Anyway, before my friend told me this trick I had to charge my phone up to 3 times a day and I'm only a light to average user. Completely unacceptable. My friend told me to keep the 'recent apps' screens clear. Now every time I use my phone, I touch the recent apps (double box hard key) and swipe any open screen to the left or right. Since I've done this, I can go almost 2 full days without a charge.

I really hope this helps someone. :)

I'm a newbie...can you tell me what is the app screen? I've chgd my phone twice already & I just got it. I don't even have my contacts added yet...Thanks

I'm a newbie...can you tell me what is the app screen? I've chgd my phone twice already & I just got it. I don't even have my contacts added yet...Thanks

It is the double boxes soft key at the bottom right of your phone. Tap it and you recently used apps will show up, like gmail, messaging, etc. Swipe each one to either the left or the right to shut them down

Back
Top Bottom