• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root battery life

mrleroybrown

ok, so this phone is advertised with about an 8 hour battery life...but I'm lucky to get an hour with average use. I was thinking about ordering a new battery since this phone it's going on a year and 4 months. so what kind of battery life is everyone else getting with average use?

I'm an average user and I don't really ever have to worry about the battery in a full days use. I usually stream music on it for at least an hour a day as well as taking numerous phone calls, texts, emails and sometimes browsing the net. I normally have 30% or so battery left when I put it on the charger when I head to bed. I don't really play any games on it though, so if you do then you'll get considerably less time.

I'm probably getting more than 8 but that really depends,when you say average that's subjective first thing what apps do you have running in the background, do you use Facebook, twitter, foursquare,instagram,instant messeging, do you use it as a music player or for gaming, web surfing you see what im saying here? just gotta go thru the phone and find what's eating your battery because just an hour that sounds very extreme.

ok, so this phone is advertised with about an 8 hour battery life...but I'm lucky to get an hour with average use. I was thinking about ordering a new battery since this phone it's going on a year and 4 months. so what kind of battery life is everyone else getting with average use?
Hey there mrleroy,good to see your hanging in and trying new stuff too.

Thanks for the oportunity to mention the battery, I just upgraded to Supers 13, (wiped cache, delvic cache, and installed over version 6 of his rom).

I noticed an immediate difference. The battery stayed at 100% for a very long time. Since I'd often check the time by turning the screen on and off, I'd see the battery was still holding at 100% for a VERY long time, I've just never seen that till now.

In settings /in battery/ there was a bare minimum running. Checked and there wasn't any other background battery eating programs, (at first). Later that changed a little, and I'm still checking every once in a while for a pattern.
I was thinking, that Super, had wound up another marvelous setting a little tighter when he tweaked this all together, but that's just guessing.

My battery, was abysmal before this latest upgrade (13) and was wondering if I'd need to be looking for a new battery too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.:)

ordered a new battery for about $6 bucks and I now get 6-9 hrs...my old battery was obviously cached! also I downloaded battery doctor just for good measure. now I can spend less time worrying how to save battery life and focus more on experimenting with max mhz to see which performance I like without killing my battery life too much.

ordered a new battery for about $6 bucks and I now get 6-9 hrs...my old battery was obviously cached! also I downloaded battery doctor just for good measure. now I can spend less time worrying how to save battery life and focus more on experimenting with max mhz to see which performance I like without killing my battery life too much.

My Fave was 1.5Ghz, Cfq, smartassV2...

But that was me... I play HD games, videos, file management... The 1.5 setting gave me that extra little umph, allowing me to play those games without lag, opening large files in a snap. Without a serious battery difference

I to had this problem. So this is what I did. Charged my battery to full capacity.
Went root data system deleted the batteystat.bin file and powered my phone off. don't restart keep pluged in and charge until the green battery was full. for me it took about 15 to 20 minutes to fully charge again. Restart and if battery is fully charged go and delete the batterstat.bin file and reboot. I have pretty good battery life playing music and many calls, texts, and using my phone as a mobile hot spot. I hope it works for you like it did for me.

Back
Top Bottom