• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery overheat ...

3finger

Rooted, running adbeast, using open garden to tether my laptop for internet multiple hours at a time.. Caught myself running the battery temp up to 118degrees.. What's a safe temp to push before risking blowing up my battery and possibly my admire? You guys do great things here for the admire, moreso than any other forums I've come across and I appreciate the time and dedication of you all..

Hey I do the same thing for when I'm out in the car with my friends
I found taking the battery cover helps A LOT!
You can also try to have it in a "air flowed" area? Not sure if it makes sense lol

Appreciate the input, I'll give it a try.. Alternatively, is there a way to reduce some of the phone functions, to reduce/stabilize extra power draw which might also reduce temps while tethering?

Hey I seriously think this is a problem with the rom when I was on monster 4 I constantly had my battery overheat and now that I'm on cm7 the problems gone but when I had to deal with it i took the battery out and waved it around a little to air it out but if you can't take the battery out I blow into the charging hole with a tight seal to air it out.. just make sure your mouth isn't wet

Hey I seriously think this is a problem with the rom when I was on monster 4 I constantly had my battery overheat and now that I'm on cm7 the problems gone but when I had to deal with it i took the battery out and waved it around a little to air it out but if you can't take the battery out I blow into the charging hole with a tight seal to air it out.. just make sure your mouth isn't wet

I noticed that too.. Got hot fast with stock, ad beast, and all the original monsters.. Behaved better with stock++ and cm7.. I'm leaning more towards it was something with the different kernels.. It seemed to improve with the addition of the cwm 5.0.2.8 and kernel for me.. I get about 3x more time before temps get critical..

Ive just put this rom on and am pretty impressed with the work. Power controls dont work but thats not a big problem.

My gps is only working once though, could one person check it on theirs. Download gps test, turn on airplane mode (no wifi/ cell network), go outside, run gps test program, click on gps button to turn on gps. Let it get a fix, let it run for 1 min (with a fix) close down gps test (which should turn off you gps) wait two mins, load gps test again it, gps will turn on auto and see if you get another fix. Mine doesnt on the second attempt

Thanks for your help.

Pedro

Back
Top Bottom