• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery overheating

M3thodBombz

As some of you may know, I recently rooted my phone, as well applied the mikshift G ROM and x99 kernel. I left the kernel as is (no setCPU) and my phone was has been fine the past two days until last night I could feel my battery beginning to get warmer. My running processes is extremely minimal so it can't be that. I was on my phone surfing the web last night for at least an hour at one given point and the stock processing speed for my kernel is 1.2ghtz. Possibilities?

Was it plugged in at the time?

I've found that the only time my battery gets hot is when it's plugged in and I'm using it at the same time. If I use Navigation in the car and charge it at the same time, you could fry an egg on it. Needless to say, I don't do that any more. I fried an EVO 3g that way.

Was it plugged in at the time?

I've found that the only time my battery gets hot is when it's plugged in and I'm using it at the same time. If I use Navigation in the car and charge it at the same time, you could fry an egg on it. Needless to say, I don't do that any more. I fried an EVO 3g that way.

I never use my phone when its charging specifically for that very reason lol. I was just surfing the web; Facebook, android forums, my college website, etc. I downloaded setCPU and made some profiles so its not constantly running at 1.2ghtz.

It's normal for CPU's to heat up when overclocked, but I have no idea how that affects the battery. Hope you don't end up with a dead phone. 10 years ago I got into overclocking PC CPU's and excessive heat destroyed one of them.

I try not to let my phone go over 95 degrees. I just stay off it for a little bit to let the temp drop. because I'm paranoid something might happen to it. I'll feel a lot better if I'm not the only one with this minor situation. Lol

I've seen mine at 100. At 95 you should be fine. But you've overclocked the CPU by 50%. I'm surprised it's not hotter.

What's the performance like compared to 800 MHz?

I've seen mine at 100. At 95 you should be fine. But you've overclocked the CPU by 50%. I'm surprised it's not hotter.

What's the performance like compared to 800 MHz?

Mine got to 104 when I first posted the thread and you responded. But as i said, i was on my phone for almost an hour browsing websites and running applications. I set the profile so it drops to 800mhz when it reaches 95 degrees that way its not using as much juice so its able to cool down.

As far as the performance compared to 800mhz, OH MY GOD I LOVE IT! lol :D
Its super stable and I never have to see a loading screen :p Unless of course browsing websites with lots of images, even still its worth it.

Back
Top Bottom