• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery overheating..

Ttwiztidx

my battery seems to be overheating and discharging a lot faster than it used to ...anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

i dont have a answer for that, but maybe i have soulution. like i said, "maybe". lol. try letting your battery deep discharge all the way. this is where your battery loses power without you adding charge to it. let it run itself out of total power which inturn auto shuts itself off. wait about 30 mins before applying the charger to the phone. let it fully charge before turning it back on. also if you have flashed a rom, you may want to calibrate the battery after the rom flash. sometimes (most of the time) when flashing a rom you need to calibrate the battery. i would calibrate it after each time of flashing a rom just to be safe. its just good practice to do this. if none of this makes the battery any better, you may be near the end of the life of the battery.

*sometimes people will advise you not to discharge a battery fully cause it could end the battery life faster than normal, but if your already experiencing signs of a bad battery, it couldn’t hurt anymore than what’s already happening.

*i been drinking wiskey and gin so parden any typos in my response :)

theres programs you can download from the play store for this. i actually dont use them myself (i know i told u to use them, my bad) actually i have used 1 of the apps before a while back. i forgot exactly what it was called. but do a search for "battery calibration" can see what you come up with. :)

Usually it is better not use the battery [SIZE=-1]above 50℃, the second, there are 500 cycles for each battery, if your battery discharge very quickly, it may need to change another new battery.
[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom