• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery overheats when overcharging?

Cutecat42

So now that I got the memory sorted out, I've come up on another problem. When I had an iPhone, my phone never got hot to the touch, even if I left it charging over night (so basically overcharging) and I had music playing. So it came as a huge surprise when I woke up this morning and found that my phone was super hot. I saw online that sometimes android phones heat up when you overcharge them, but I like to fall asleep to music. So if I listen to music on my phone and not charge it, I'll wake up to a non full battery. So...any suggestions?

I mean like in terms of hardware, the board stock should be 1GHz as Qualcomm (chip maker) specifies in documentation. Samsung thought it would be a good idea (how stupid of them) to factory Overclock to 1.4 GHz (giving heat and other drawbacks to OCing). I dropped the max to 1.2 with my kernel to draw away heat and stabilize the system as 1.4 seems too excessive for a single core with limited RAM (bottleneck).

Is there a way I can do that? I don't have a kernel...I barely even know what that is. It's connected to a ROM or something...it flashes like a ROM does, at least, doesn't it? I'm an extreme newbie to android-I had an iPhone a week ago haha.

Ok, so what exactly are you trying to do? Get the custom kernel?

I have no clue anymore. I had everything working perfect (except for the fact that my battery heated up when overcharging), and then I activated my phone and bam, nothing is working. I have no clue what ROM I have (I thought I had downloaded a ROM, but is a recovery a ROM?), if my phone is rooted, why my 3G isn't working, why my wi-fi is going super slow, why the phone is downloading all these apps by itself but when I try to download an app that will actually help me it doesn't download, and oh my god why did it have to frigin factory reset after I frigin activated the phone?? I just want to completely reset the phone so it's like I just took it out of the box so I can just start over.

I need chocolate...

It's updating your apps and I wouldn't download roms without having knowledge of flashing but what your witnessing is usually normal when you type in your username and password for google it goes on an updating spree just leave it be for a few minutes I recommend being on Wi-Fi and after a while it should be done with all apps updated and all google contracts synced. Then and only then is when you should flash roms and when you do flash a rom I would suggest using my rom that's deodexed, you should wipe data and system partitions then install the rom (If you install over things it can bootloop) but what your experiencing is normal :thumbup:

It's updating your apps and I wouldn't download roms without having knowledge of flashing but what your witnessing is usually normal when you type in your username and password for google it goes on an updating spree just leave it be for a few minutes I recommend being on Wi-Fi and after a while it should be done with all apps updated and all google contracts synced. Then and only then is when you should flash roms and when you do flash a rom I would suggest using my rom that's deodexed, you should wipe data and system partitions then install the rom (If you install over things it can bootloop) but what your experiencing is normal :thumbup:

I didn't think learning Android would be hard. I thought it would be like iPhone...you jailbreak and you're done. Now that I've switched over, I actually like Android better, but jeez. Everyone on here makes it sound so easy. Even Google (which is my God) doesn't make it easier, haha.

Back
Top Bottom