• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery percentage in notification bar in Froyo

jaydee77ca

Hi,

The Captivate FAQ says the following in regards to Froyo on the Captivate:
"Improved Battery Indicator. Currently the battery indicator on the Captivate only shows remaining battery power in intervals. This can be misleading when your battery is at 70% but the indicator is still showing the battery 'full'. In 2.2 the battery indicator will show the battery power in a percentage readout on top of the battery level icon."
I just upgraded to 2.2 Froyo on my Captivate (on Rogers in Canada) and there is no battery percentage shown near or in the battery indicator. Does anyone know how to get it to appear?

Thanks!

There has been no indication on any Galaxy S phone where a percentage level came with a stock Samsung update. That faq is wrong/presumptious on a few other things as well (Overall speed, RAM [Captivate's 512mb of RAM is shared with the GPU so you will never see 512mb where it's ~350mb max on custom kernels], auto-update apps/update all - feature was brought to 2.1 via Market update, etc).

There has been no indication on any Galaxy S phone where a percentage level came with a stock Samsung update. That faq is wrong/presumptious on a few other things as well (Overall speed, RAM [Captivate's 512mb of RAM is shared with the GPU so you will never see 512mb where it's ~350mb max on custom kernels], auto-update apps/update all - feature was brought to 2.1 via Market update, etc).
Ok good so I'm not crazy then. My next question was going to be why I only see 304 MB of memory when it supposedly has 512 MB so that answers that too. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom