• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Question

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
So I was texting and received a message saying that my battery was almost dead (less than 10%) and so I ignored it cuz I didn't have a charger with me. I later put it into airplane mode to save battery life. I was at 3% by then. Soooo... my question is this: had anyone ever had battery life go up instead of down? Three hours later I checked my phone and it didn't have the red warning anymore. My battery was actually up to 22%.

Yea I noticed that also lol. It's a good thing. What rom are you using? When I'm out I most of the time have my data off because I'm not using it you know so there's no reason to have it on so when I need it I'll turn it. But when i do use it and my battery decrease and after a while it increases its weird but awesome lol. :)

Example: I'm on MIUI v4 2.6.1 before I took phone of charger 40mins ago was at 67% now its at 77%. :) I'm so liking this because see I'm charging my LG Optimus V right so yea lol.

Yea I noticed that also lol. It's a good thing. What rom are you using? When I'm out I most of the time have my data off because I'm not using it you know so there's no reason to have it on so when I need it I'll turn it. But when i do use it and my battery decrease and after a while it increases its weird but awesome lol. :)

Example: I'm on MIUI v4 2.6.1 before I took phone of charger 40mins ago was at 67% now its at 77%. :) I'm so liking this because see I'm charging my LG Optimus V right so yea lol.

I'm using my Triumphant Sense-ation ROM.

Battery voltage will drop under load (when it is being drained), especially if the load is heavy.

After you put the phone into airplane mode, the load dropped to a very small amount, so the battery voltage went back up.

The battery meter uses the voltage to gauge the power remaining, so it too went up.

It will also depend on how the battery meter samples and averages the power used. If it only samples the last few seconds and detected the power used is low (airplane mode), then it thinks the power remaining can power the device much longer (in airplane mode) versus earlier when it was drawing a lot more power.

So I was texting and received a message saying that my battery was almost dead (less than 10%) and so I ignored it cuz I didn't have a charger with me. I later put it into airplane mode to save battery life. I was at 3% by then. Soooo... my question is this: had anyone ever had battery life go up instead of down? Three hours later I checked my phone and it didn't have the red warning anymore. My battery was actually up to 22%.

Back
Top Bottom