• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery running down

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Over the last few days I have noticed that my battery is running down way more quickly than usual on my GN7000. Previously it would last the whole day. I am not a power user but do check the phone frequently and use it as calendar, surf, email etc.

When I realised that it seemed to be running down quickly, I checked for rogue apps but nothing looked particularly unusual. I have deliberately not used it very much over the last couple of days to see what would happen and with very little usage today, after 8 hours it is down to 42% and dropping quickly. Battery settings show that the biggest users are Android OS at 26%, Lookout 21% and screen 14%. Lookout has consistently shown over 20% in the last few days when I have checked but I'm not sure if this just looks high because nothing much else has been used. I have just uninstalled Lookout to see if that makes any difference but I do find it useful so don't really want to lose it.

My battery is a year old and is a 3500 MAH after market. It could just be a knackered battery but it seems quite sudden. Any thoughts please?

An abused battery (frequently discharged all the way, used when you first got it and it was pretty discharged, without conditioning it) could go in a year. 18-24 months is more normal.

Have switched back to my original battery to see if that makes a difference but that's pretty much the same. Mind you, I ditched that because it didn't last long. Am thinking that it's time for a new battery. Can anyone recommend a decent one please? The one I've been using was a Baixt 3500Mah but the same supplier only supplies 2800Mah now so looking for something a bit bigger.

Have switched back to my original battery to see if that makes a difference but that's pretty much the same. Mind you, I ditched that because it didn't last long. Am thinking that it's time for a new battery. Can anyone recommend a decent one please? The one I've been using was a Baixt 3500Mah but the same supplier only supplies 2800Mah now so looking for something a bit bigger.

Sorry I can't help you directly. However, if you have some time to review the results, it might be worth doing an 'Advanced search', 'Threads started by user' for twister6 on the Note 2 forum. Also include the 'Keyword' term 'battery' and 'Search titles only' or you will be swamped by the results.

The battery of the Note 2 is different from the Note 1 but it may help you to locate a good manufacturer.

Just updating to say that it appears that it was Lookout causing the problem. I experimented with the 2 different batteries and with/without Lookout to find that it only when I was running Lookout that I had the battery running down. Strange as I'd run it for a couple of years with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom