• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Savings Tip on Jelly Bean

13jpgbass

For those having problems with their battery life (and are rooted and not scared of a little tinkering) here's what I did to save battery. It helps a lot, and while the battery is not a good as it was on ICS, it's better than after the update.
One: Make a complete backup of your current OS using CWM recovery. Make sure to do this, or you're stuck if you wish to revert to the OS before this tweak.
Two: Download Titanium Backup and uninstall Google Maps, Google Search, and Google Plus. I found that these three apps are the biggest cause of idle battery drain
Three: Reinstall these three apps from the Play Store.
Four: Download Greenify and select those three apps to be greenified. They won't run in the background unless you tell them to, and thus they will not use battery.
This has worked fairly well for me and has helped to increase my battery life by at least a half.

the battery is not a good as it was on ICS

Anything besides Froyo and Gingerbread will kill battery faster simply due to the fact forementioned is solely based on stock no new features or anything while vice requires more consumption to use them on top of whatever is already prior on the phone.This is why older phones are actually better than new ones well at at least for those who know what their doing like me and etc

Anything besides Froyo and Gingerbread will kill battery faster simply due to the fact forementioned is solely based on stock no new features or anything while vice requires more consumption to use them on top of whatever is already prior on the phone.This is why older phones are actually better than new ones well at at least for those who know what their doing like me and etc

Agreed. On that note, I might have missed it, but is there AOSP JB for the Reverb quite yet? I did stumble across AOSP ICS.

Also, here's what works wonders for the OE:

Low minimum clock speed.
High maximum clock speed.
smartassV2 as the governor for the CPU, if available.

Also, JuiceDefender, and a debloated ROM. Even better: keep 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC off when you don't need them (brightness and wifi too).

This combo takes the OE from 12 hours (with all radios disabled) of battery life to a regular 48 (with some radios enabled, even frequently). I'm figuring it might work some wonders for the Reverb too.

Back
Top Bottom