• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Suddenly Given In

aldredd

Android Version: 2.2
Network: O2 (UK)
Taskiller Used?: No
Are You rooted & which Rom: No
Issue:

Hi guys, any else experienced this - my battery has suddenly gone from comfortably lasting all data, with regular data sync, light to moderate use etc, to now only last a few hours - even with data off, wi-fi off, screen dimmed hardly using it, it's barely getting half a day. It pretty much happened over-night a couple of days ago.
I know batteries de-grade over time, but surely this should be gradual - could it be a software thing?

Assuming it is the battery being at the end of its life - would HTC consider 10/11 months about the right amount of time for a battery to last?
And where is the best place (in UK) to get a new one - seen one on mobilefin.co.uk (for

Its probably software.

Download spare parts and check partial wake usage to see if anything is keeping the phone awake

Thanks SUroot - is it THIS ONE ?

Edit:
I've installed it, and found that setting.
First view is that there isn't anything holding it up (although I did uninstall a big app earlier, as I suspected that may be the culprit as it syncs regardless of your sync option)

I'll give it a couple of hours unplugged, and see what it says!

I think I've sorted this now...
I think it was an email app which had expired, but was still (constantly) trying to sync
Uninstalled it, and it pretty much back to normal. Only other thing I did was remove the battery for a bit & re-installed it. Either way, I'm happy now :o)

Back
Top Bottom