• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be careful, people....

well i over course do not use macafee or any anti-virus app on any of my android devices, so i'm good there.

and i stopped reading when the article's 1st suggestion was to use a good anti-virus softaware for android. if you click on their suggestions for the best anti-virus software to use, the 1st listing was Norton. Norton is crap and i would never use their products. and i stopped right there, no need to read further.

the key really is never use an anti-virus app on android. and use common sense and you should be fine.

its good to know that there is a trojan out there masquerading as a Macafee app, however.

Last edited:
I’ve never used antivirus on any android devices. It just seems to slow the devices down drastically.

I’m a IPhone user currently after a switch from android which I think for me was best as my iPhone blows away any android device I ever tried. After security was beefed up on android devices and customization became less and less I had to make a change.

There are no viruses (Virii?) on Android. Other malware - Sure, but you have to do something (like tap a link in an email) to get infected.
Just download apps from safe places - F-Droid My go to site) , APKPure UpToDown and the play store and you should be safe.

Back
Top Bottom