• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats AUDIO???

mill3rkydd

I love Dolby on my phone it's great, but what if I'm in like Pandora or something? Has anybody gotten this to work?

I love Dolby on my phone it's great, but what if I'm in like Pandora or something? Has anybody gotten this to work?

There's a new Beats Audio Pro app in the Play Store written by an xda member that works with numerous phones, it's a simple apk so you can easily install it, probably won't last long before HTC has it pulled for copyright.

it's easy to uninstall any app...use ES File Explorer and browse to system/app for system apps or data/app for user apps
The app may be an easy uninstall but...does it clean up all the audio modules and configs placed in /system, /data, /etc, and various other places? The drivers are what mucks the system up on incompatible devices.

The app uses recovery to install a zip. Without recovery you would need to place all files in the right folders, and change owner and permissions. I don't think it will work on this phone, but I haven't tried so u really don't know

I've gotten it to work, but only with certain apps. You could use the package from P.M.R and just move everything into the needed folders, its basically the same deal with a pretty neat DSP manager-like design.
It works awesome for apps like rhapsody and Pandora, but it shines truly when used with YouTube due to the fact that the app auto tunes the sound live so you get the best quality.

Doesn't work with most music players ironically... Rocket mp3 does work, along with past music players like the apps from froyo and GB roms.

Back
Top Bottom