• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widget time not updating?

Steve_OS

Anyone know why the time never updates on beatiful widget? I've reloaded, etc. The time never changes.

Does anyone else have this issue? (Not rooted)

Never heard of that issue with BW. Did you go into the widget to configure it? Tap on the weather portion of the widget, when the animation appears press the Menu button on your DROID, then press Configure. See if that doesn't clear things up.

Thanks for the reply messenger13, it seems all I needed to do was post this message on the Forum and now it works. I didn't do a damn thing. LOL. Very strange.

There is a refresh rate setting, but that only refers to the weather update. Odd. But I'm glad it's working now. There's some really cool skins for it. Make sure to check those out in Configuration.

I had the same problem with the time not updating on Beautiful Widgets. After deleting the widget and messing with all the config settings the time still didn't update.

I found that a simple phone reboot corrected the problem for me. Dumb huh? :eek:

There is a refresh rate setting, but that only refers to the weather update. Odd. But I'm glad it's working now. There's some really cool skins for it. Make sure to check those out in Configuration.

Cool. I checked installed skins, it was empty. Went to download skins and it just spins and spins, stating it is loading skins list. Guess I'll try later.

I'd give you the winning numbers, but I was kinda planning on using them. ;)

How did you do? :)

Now a new problem.

My clock used to disappear, up at the very top, where it shows the "connection", battery level, time, etc.

For some reason, it stays on now, it won't disappear, like it was before, when I first installed Beautiful Widget. Any ideas?

The time displayed in the Notification Panel (very top of the screen)?? I do not believe you can turn that off (I could easily be wrong on that one) from my experience.

Also, as posted earlier earlier, both Task Killers and Home Replacement Apps can cause the time to not update.

For the Task Killer, put BW in the EXCLUDE list.

I have had issues in the past with the BW time not updating when using the Sweeter Home 2 home replacement app, but I have not had any issues as of late with it.

In Android 9.0 (Pie), go into Settings, search for "optimize battery usage". In that page, hit the drop down, select ALL, find Beautiful Widgets and turn off the optimization setting.

You're now good to go.

Also, as posted earlier earlier, both Task Killers and Home Replacement Apps can cause the time to not update.

For the Task Killer, put BW in the EXCLUDE list.

I have had issues in the past with the BW time not updating when using the Sweeter Home 2 home replacement app, but I have not had any issues as of late with it.
I know this is a very old post, however I've been using the beautiful widget clock app ever since it came out and it was wonderful. After the new update everything works except the display of the clock. I'm not using either of the two apps that you mentioned above. Do you have any suggestions. I've also written to the developer in the app store with no reply

Back
Top Bottom