• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Before I bin the tab!

Hi, to start, I'm not that technically brilliant please be gentle with me!!

I have a Tab 2 10.1 which has served me well. I've just been out of the country for 3 weeks. Before I went, I charged the tab switched it off and stored it. On return I switched it on and it behaved normally. It updated the operating system and a few apps and having done that I used it normally for a couple of hours. That evening the battery was about half used so I put it on charge. I didn't turn the tab off just left it on standby as I normally do
The following day I went to turn it on (bring it out of standby?) as usual. Nothing, bugger all, zip. The screen is blank and dead no sounds no signs of life nothing at all.
I've plugged the unit into my PC and I get the windows sound when you plug in a drive, but no drive icon appearing, immediately followed by the windows sound you get when you disconnect a drive (I think). These just cycle around continuously. Any suggestions gratefully received :o before I bin it:mad:

Thanks all in anticipation.

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Is it possible that your charger (or charger connection) failed and its just a completely flat battery? At least try another charger before binning it. If it is charged I would try a factory reset using button combinations.

Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button.
When the Samsung logo appears, release all.
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.)
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

If you get any clues from the device post back and we'll try to help more!

Roger

Hi thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned my wife has an identical tab 2.
I've tried the charger from her's on mine and mine on her's. Her's charges on both, with no sign of life from mine on both.
I also tried the reset mentioned above after googling the problem. No sign of life whatsoever. I think the bin beckons!

Back
Top Bottom