• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best android phone?

donna1981xx

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,
I bought my first android phone 4 days ago. HTC desire hd and I'm in love with it. I am very upset because I have to send it back! The reason for this is that the battery only lasts about 4 hours if I make 1 20 min phone call and check the news for a few minutes. It lasted 8 hours the other day when I left it at home on sleep mode! So my question is: is their a phone out their which is as good but has better battery life? It would be ok if I could just charge each night.

Thanks
Donna

Hello Donna.

Battery life improves with usage over several charging cycles. These Android devices are not known for great battery life, in general, but it does take a bit of time for the unit and the battery to optimize.

We see reports of better than average battery life in various device forums here, but what is interesting is that there is nearly always disagreement as to which Android device has the best battery life.

I think it has to do with user habits and configuration of the device more than anything else, and I'm not so sure you need to return your Desire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones