• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best application to kill programs

est1984

Sep 12, 2010
I need the best application which I can use to close.my applications. I've had my hd desire for.about a.week however I've found apps hard to control as in closing them it seems to drain the veal out of my battery and its.starting slow.my computer so badly. I had installed this one app which allowed me to drag the top bar down and giving me the option to check some applications and letting me kill em but they seemed to restart.the applications afterwards not totally. Kill the application properly. Rammed I wish the space bar was bigger on this

I need the best application which I can use to close.my applications. I've had my hd desire for.about a.week however I've found apps hard to control as in closing them it seems to drain the veal out of my battery and its.starting slow.my computer so badly. I had installed this one app which allowed me to drag the top bar down and giving me the option to check some applications and letting me kill em but they seemed to restart.the applications afterwards not totally. Kill the application properly. Rammed I wish the space bar was bigger on this

Certain programs are gonna immediately restart themselves no matter what. (unless you root and get rid of them) That is one of the reasons you will see lots of people say task killers do more harm than good.
Try systempanel for a great task killer alternative

Upvote 0
There are numerous threads on this topic but the general consensus is that you don't need a task killer. If an app is misbehaving and running when it shouldn't then uninstall it until the dev fixes it.

Android manages tasks in the background tasks that are 'running' aren't necessarily doing anything but being stored in memory for a quick restart to save battery later. If the phone needs the memory for something else the apps you haven't used in a while are kicked out.

Hope this Helps.

Upvote 0
I've had my hd desire for.about a.week however I've found apps hard to control as in closing them it seems to drain the veal out of my battery and its.starting slow.my computer so badly.
You really need to read up on how Android works. Background apps don't use battery unless they're actively transferring data. If you're having problems with apps not closing on their own then you're using some bad apps and need to get rid of them. This topic is a very dead horse that has been beaten for a very long time.

If you're having battery issues then troubleshoot them. Look at your battery usage screen or an app that provides battery usage info and address the battery hogs. If your device is running slow then troubleshoot the issue and see what's using your CPU and other resources and address the issue. Don't assume that you know how Android works and randomly apply "fixes" like task killers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones