• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Cloud Photo App?

Hey all, I just need a photo cloud app/solution that'll run on Android, Mac, iPod Touch and Windows as these are the devices I use.

I use the Amazon AppStore for my app downloads for my Android tablet.

What can people recommend I use? Is there a list comparing the different services?

Edit: Are there any companies I should stay away from like companies that aren't trustworthy?

I use Google+'s Auto Backup, as it's completely automatic and I never have to worry about it not grabbing a photo. It works great if you're "in" with the Google+ ecosystem for editing and sharing photos. If you're after a more traditional cloud backup (which, for instance, syncs with a folder on your computer) and want to edit photos with a PC-based application like Photoshop, Dropbox or similar would probably make more sense.

To that end, I highly recommend FolderSync, which can set up multiple rules to sync to multiple clouds and is far more configurable than any of the official clients. Also has Tasker support for added utility. :thumbup:

Good suggestions above:)

I would surmise any of those listed will work just fine.
Personally I use a combo of G+ and Photobucket.
I find Photobucket convenient for linking photos to posts here. (I would think G+ could do the same, but I'm not sure---haven't explored that option)

Are all of these cloud companies trustworthy by the way?

Trustworthy as in.....your photos being secure against loss? Or being viewed by others etc? Or using your photos for nefarious reasons?

I personally have not heard anything bad about box/dropbox/drive/photobucket.
But then again, I haven't gone out and searched about it.
I put somewhat very good faith in CNet reviews myself.

Back
Top Bottom