• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best DRM M4V to mpeg-4 converter?

Has anyone found a way to convert iTunes DRM M4V to mpeg-4 video that's playable on the Droid? I'm willing to pay for the software, I just want to find the best software to get the job done. Any suggestions? Handbrake and Videora won't convert the iTunes M4Vs. alternatively, is there a video player for the Droid that will play iTunes M4Vs?

That doesn't work with the movies and TV shows because of the DRM. Non-DRM m4v files will play fine on the Droid. For instance, music videos that come with iTunes Plus albums will play fine. But the movies and TV shows purchased through iTunes will only play in iTunes or on an iPod or iPhone because of the DRM. Someone has to come up with an app that basically tricks the file into thinking it's being played in an iPod.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find the best software that converts M4V to non-DRM mpeg 4. You loose a lot of quality with some of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones