• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best games for the Samsung Intercept with 2.1?

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
There are a lot of great games available, but a lot of them don't seem to be compatible with the Intercept, especially on 2.1 and not 2.2.

So what are some good games that do work with the Intercept on 2.1?

I really like the emulators like Gensoid and Gameboid but I'm looking for some other games.

I have angry birds, solitaire, simon, and i just got a new one...think it's called bubble blaster or something (freakin fun lol) I haven't had a problem with any app not working.

I just found an MMO game in the market today called Pocket Legends. Didn't get to play a lot of it but the time I did have to play it, it seemed really good. Simple controls and decent graphics for a 3D cell phone game. Its free so you can't beat it, excellent review though, and the usual... Angry Birds, I also use Abduction, Fishin' 2 Go Full Version ( there is a free version as well), Puzzle Blox Arcade (very addicting), and WordUp! is really fun to kill time too. I saw the Sims 3 in the market and bought it for 99 cents but it didn't work, hopefully with the release of the 2.2 Froyo update this will change :D

@ABRMess006 I didn't know 3D games ran on our phones! I think I remember installing a couple in the past with 0 of them working.. too bad Pocket Legends is 20MB, otherwise I'd try it out myself. Is it really, really choppy?

@OP I have many games installed. The ones I have played the most are:

- What the Doodle!? - This is Pictionary, online, against other online players, for points, to be ranked on a ladder. I am currently ranked 300 something out of like 500,000 created accounts after a few weeks of non-stop playing. I highly recommend this game. It is perfect for the Intercept due to our slider keyboard, giving us a leg up on the competition. I have had players ask me if I was using a PC keyboard!

- Live Holdem Poker Pro - Simply the best Android holdem game, due to its similarity in design to paid poker rooms for PC. I used to play this nonstop, even at real poker tables, when it was just Live Holdem. Since the update, I can no longer play it like FullTilt's Rush, where you can join and leave tables without paying blinds, until you get a premium hand to go all in with. Now it charges you for every first hand, so I have cut back playing, but it's still great. Plus I spend so much time on WTD now I don't even play this anymore.

- World War - This is a text-based MMORPG by Storm8, a company who have created a whole suite of text-based MMORPG best-sellers for iOS, ported to Android. All their games are similar in gameplay but with different themes (Vampires, Mobsters, Fantasy, etc.). World War just happens to be the one I play the most. It is similar to Facebook's Mafia Wars. You do missions, attack, build buildings to earn hourly income, and form alliances. I'm already making $3,000,000 an hour after a month of membership.

- Air Control Lite - I just started playing this, but it's really simple 2D guiding-of-aircrafts-to-runways gameplay, looks simple and clean on our unfortunately lo-res screen, and soothes me.

- Bistro Cook - This is a simple game where you click ingredients onto pans and then plate them. You lose when there are too many unfinished plates on screen. It is great fun. The simple graphics work well on our small screen.

Yeh Pocket Legends worked fine, it wasn't really choppy and it was what you would expect for cell phone graphics. Mine took up close to 40mb I believe so it takes up a LOT of memory. Would be nice if we could get the froyo update so we can install apps onto the SD card. I have 2gb just sitting there waiting to be populated with something nice :D

This thread is GREAT. I've found so many new games I am loving. Although to the person who finds Air Control Lite 'soothes them', how are you doing that? I'm killing planes full of people constantly. :) Addictive game though.

I usually play games on my iPod, primarily, instead of my Android phone. However, there are two that I have been hooked on and has been an absolute must-have for me: Alchemy and Unblock Me Free.

Alchemy is basically a game where you take the four basic elements (fire, earth, water, air), and make other things out of it. You can eventually make life, man, bird, turtle, and things like that. It is a really fun game to play when you're bored.

Unblock Me Free is a puzzle game where you have to get the red block to the exit. This requires moving all of the other blocks out of the way. The block's orientation is the only direction it can go. For some strange reason, I could not put this game down. Unblock Me Free is also available for the iOS.

I have not been looking for other games for the Android at the moment. My Android phone is really slow and I am pretty hesitant to add on more applications on there. Hopefully, I will be able to get my phone updated and I will add more games to it later on.

Jagossel it is understood that our device is extremely slow and so I think the point of this thread was to have games posted that run well on our slow device. Rest assured if you scroll up tomy post and install any of the games I listed it will run smoothly on the Intercept, and they'll be great fun.

Is there some trick to getting some of these games to run? For example, Angry Birds is super slow on mine. Like 0.05 fps. And Angry Birds Lite (beta) doesn't launch at all.

Just to add to the list, I've also got Mahjong and Bonsai Blast (best Zuma clone I've seen so far). Both run fine, although the tiles in Mahjong can be difficult to see/tap on the small screen.

Anyone know if Game Dev Story will work?

I wanna find that out too, looks like a good game but dont wanna drop 5 bucks if its not supported.

Got some new games that are pretty amazing and run great on the phone...
X Construct
Fruit Slice
Spider Man
Tank Hero
TurboFly 3D Demo
Wheelz Lite

All free of course and run so smoothly. The TruboFly game was the only 3D one I found that ran extremely smooth on our phone and the graphics are incredible.

Can't remember if I said this earlier but I tried The Sims 3 and our phone is not supported and that was after doing a manual upgrade to Froyo 2.2, oh well only out 99 cents so no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom