• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Non-Blur Camera

Kevmueller

Android Expert
So after going to CM7 I really do not like the ASOP camera. I did like the blur camera and I know some people are close to getting the blur camera working on CM7, however I have an issue getting CM7, which has no blur and adding blur to it.

So I want to get a camera that I will use on CM7, and will pay for the right one, but I am looking for the right one. I have the demos of Camera 360 and Vignette downloaded and am trying them. I was looking to see if there is another one I should look at, or what some of you feel is the better one and the pros or cons to them.

I posted this in the root section because I am looking for people that do not have the blur camera as an option and in order for this you have to be rooted.

Personally, my favorite setup was on Liberty 2.0 (Froyo)

I had 2 cameras set up:
Blur Camera (2.2) for quick shots. I liked that you could review the picture right away (it doesn't autosave to your gallery). I actually found the Froyo camera take pictures faster than the GB one.

Vignette (paid) for quality photos. On 8.0MP Superfine quality, pictures looked better than ones taken by the Blur camera. The various effects are amazing, and you can add effects to existing pictures too. The only downside is that it takes a long time to render the pictures. It takes 5-10 seconds for Vignette to save it to your gallery, which sometimes slowed down the overall app.

I much preferred those to Camera360 (though I played with that when there was a 24hr return window in the Market, so that was quite a while ago)

Camera ZOOM Fx has all the feature of any other camera app, IMO its the best hands down.

Check it out you will not be disappointed. Just look at the reviews of it on the market.

I've tried most of them and to me Vignette is the best. I get really good pictures using these settings.

Frame- 16:9
Resolution- 8.0
Quality- Super Fine
Shooting Mode- Steady Shot

So I got this from Quarx over at XDA. He got CM7 running on the Defy the same way CVPCS got it running for us on the DX. He found a work around for the blur camera but was having the same camcorder issue. I have not tried this myself yet. Let me know how it goes.

flash in RECOVERY.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS! MAKE A BACKUP! MAKE A BACK!

after trying this myself, too many problems arose so i have removed the file. sorry if it messed anything up for anyone

Back
Top Bottom